Multi-Agent System for On-demand Production Integrating Production and Quality Control
Multi-agent systems is being pointed as particularly suited to design and engineer a new class of control systems to operate at the factory plants addressing the current requirements of modularity, flexibility and re-configurability. This paper introduces the main principles of a multi-agent system approach to support the integration of production and quality control processes in washing machines production lines that is being developed under the EU FP7 GRACE project.
KeywordsMulti-agent systems manufacturing control product-driven systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.MANUFUTURE: Strategic Research Agenda Manufuture (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Wooldridge, M.: An Introduction to Multi-Agent Systems. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Ferber, J.: Multi-Agent Systems, An Introduction to Distributed Artificial Intelligence. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Monostori, L., Váncza, J., Kumara, S.: Agent-Based Systems for Manufacturing. Annals of the CIRP 55/2, 697–720 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Castellini, P., Cristalli, C., Foehr, M., Leitão, P., Paone, N., Schjolberg, I., Tjønnås, J., Turrin, C., Wagner, T.: Towards the Integration of Process and Quality Control using Multi-agent Technology. In: Submitted to the 37th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Melbourne, Australia, November 7-10 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.PABADIS’PROMISE Consortium: Structure and Behaviour of a PABADIS’PROMISE System. White Paper (2008)Google Scholar