Rule-Based Analysis of MMPI Data Using the Copernicus System
Our research concerns psychometric data coming from the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) test. MMPI is used to count the personality-psychometric dimensions which help specialists in diagnosis of mental diseases. In this paper, we present a part of the Copernicus system – the tool for computer-aided diagnosis of mental diseases based on personality inventories. This part is devoted to the rule-based analysis of the MMPI data expressed in the form of the so-called profiles. The paper characterizes the knowledge base embodied in Copernicus which can be used for the rule-based analysis of the patients’ MMPI data as well as the functionality of the designed tool.
KeywordsClassification Rule Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory Pattern Vector Diagnostic Rule Decision Tree Generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bazan et al. 2000]Bazan, J.G., Nguyen, H.S., Nguyen, S.H., Synak, P., Wroblewski, J.: Rough set algorithms in classification problem. In: Polkowski, L., Tsumoto, S., Lin, T.Y. (eds.) Rough Set Methods and Applications, pp. 49–88. Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg (2000)Google Scholar
- [Bazan and Szczuka 2005]
- [Cios et al. 2007]
- [Dahlstrom et al. 1986]Dahlstrom, W., Welsh, G., Dahlstrom, L.: An MMPI handbook, vol. 1-2. University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis (1986)Google Scholar
- [Grzymala-Busse 1997]
- [Hippe 1997]Hippe, Z.S.: Machine learning – a promising strategy for business information processing? In: Abramowicz, W. (ed.) Business Information Systems, Academy of Economics Editorial Office, Poznan, pp. 603–622 (1997)Google Scholar
- [Knap 2009]Knap, M.: Research on new algorithms for decision trees generation. Ph. D. Thesis, AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow (2009) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- [Paja and Hippe 2005]Paja, W., Hippe, Z.S.: Feasibility studies of quality of knowledge mined from multiple secondary sources. I. Implementation of generic operations. In: Klopotek, M., Wierzchon, S., Trojanowski, K. (eds.) Intelligent Information Processing and Web Mining, pp. 461–465. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- [Pawlak 1991]
- [Witten and Frank 2005]