Hierarchical Track–Before–Detect Algorithm for Tracking of Amplitude Modulated Signals
In the paper Track–Before–Detect (TBD) algorithm for tracking a low–signal objects with amplitude modulated signal is proposed. Direct application of TBD algorithms is not sufficient for such case due to accumulative approach. This signal has a zero mean value and cannot be processed directly. The proposed algorithm is based on applications of two different TBD algorithms. The first is the directional IIR filter that works as a velocity filter as a part of the noncoherent demodulator. The second TBD algorithm is the recurrent Spatio–Temporal TBD that support trajectory switching using Markov’s matrix. Numerical experiments (Monte Carlo tests) for point target are used for verification of the proposed solution.
KeywordsGraphic Processing Unit Assignment Algorithm Single Instruction Multiple Data Monte Carlo Test Multiple Object Tracking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bar–Shalom, Y.: Multitarget–Multisensor Tracking: Applications and Advances, vol. II. Artech House, Boston (1992)Google Scholar
- 4.Kalman, R.E.: A New Approach to Linear Filtering and Prediction Problems. Transactions of the ASME–Journal of Basic Engineering 82, Series D, 35–46 (1960)Google Scholar
- 6.Blackman, S.: Multiple–Target Tracking with Radar Applications. Artech House, Boston (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.Dijk, J., van Eekeren, A.W.M., Schutte, K., de Lange, D.J.J., van Vliet, L.J.: Superresolution reconstruction for moving point target detection. Optical Engineering 47(9) (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Jain, L.C., Ichalkaranje, N.S., Tonfoni, G. (eds.): Advances in Intelligent Systems for Defence. World Scientific, Singapore (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Mazurek, P.: Optimization of Track–Before–Detect Systems with Decimation for GPGPU. Pomiary Automatyka Kontrola 56(12), 1523–1525 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Mazurek, P.: Implementation of spatio–temporal Track–Before–Detect algorithm using GPU. Pomiary Automatyka Kontrola 55(8), 657–659 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Boers, Y., Ehlers, F., Koch, W., Luginbuhl, T., Stone, L.D., Streit, R.L. (eds.): Track Before Detect Algorithm. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Hindawi (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Ristic, B., Arulampalam, S., Gordon, N.: Beyound the Kalman Filter: Particle Filters for Tracking Applications. Artech House, Boston (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Mazurek, P.: Optimization of bayesian Track–Before–Detect algorithms for GPGPUs implementations. Electrical Review R 86(7), 187–189 (2010)Google Scholar
- 16.Mazurek, P.: Direct visualization methods for Track–Before–Detect algorithms. Poznan University of Technology Academic Journals – Electrical Engineering 59, 25–34 (2009)Google Scholar