Innovative Man Machine Interfaces and Solutions to Support Totally Blind People
In this paper we present innovative MMI solutions to support social inclusion of totally blind people. We propose to use dedicated harness and mobile devices (e.g. smartphones) to support Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL).
KeywordsMobile Device Situational Awareness Social Inclusion Wearable Sensor Blind People
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.World Health Organization, WHO Fact Sheet No 282 (May 2009), http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs282/en/
- 2.European Blind Union (EBU), Key facts and figures concerning blindness and sight loss, http://www.euroblind.org/resources/information/nr/215
- 3.Action For Blind People, Facts and figures about issues around sight loss, http://www.actionforblindpeople.org.uk/news/media-centre/facts-and-figures,893,SA.html
- 4.Eurobarometer 54.2, European Commission (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.productID=HM3501, http://www.rnib.org.uk/shop/Pages/ProductDetails.aspxcategory=phones