Adaptation of the Diffused Matrix Image Format to Store Simulated Data from FLEX / Sentinel-3 Future ESA Missions
FLEX and Sentinel-3 are two missions currently developed by ESA. The images obtained by the three sensors built for these missions (OLCI, SLSTR and FIMAS) will be optimized to exploit the synergism for fluorescence information retrieval. The acquisition geometries of such sensors are significantly different in several aspects. Firstly, their technologies differ, since the OLCI and FIMAS sensors are push-broom imaging spectrometers, whereas the SLSTR sensor is a scanning radiometer. Secondly, their morphologies are also different, since both sensors have different data resolutions. These differences are also present even if only images acquired from the same orbit are selected. In these situations, the extracted multi-sensor and multi-temporal information will present a much lower effective spatial resolution (in the case of homogeneous areas) or completely wrong information (in the case of heterogeneous areas). To address these matters this paper analyses the use of a variation of the Diffused Matrix Format (DMF) methodology to correctly store and geo-correct the OLCI, SLSTR, and FIMAS temporal time series. The DMF structure is composed by basic records that store all the information for each measurement acquired by the sensors, such as coordinate location, data, sensor identification and acquisition timestamp.
KeywordsLand Surface Temper Data Fusion Conical Geometry Acquisition Geometry Scanning Radiometer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kraft, S., Carnicero, B., Drusch, M., Bézy, J.L., Meynart, R.: FIMAS - Feasibility Study of a Fluorescence Imaging Spectrometer to Be Flown in Tandem with Sentinel 3. In: International Conference on Space Optics, Rhodes, Greece (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Rebhan, H.: Sentinel-3 Land Mission. Vegetation Anniversary, Bruxelles, Belgium (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Guanter, L., Kaufmann, H., Verhoef, W., Alonso, L., Gómez-Chova, L., Moreno, J., Fischer, J., Preusker, R., Gascón, C.B.: Retrieval of Vegetation Chlorophyll Fluorescence from FLEX Spaceborne Measurements in the O2A and O2B Absorption Bands. In: Atmospheric Science Conference, Barcelona, Spain (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Donlon, C.: Sentinel-3 OLCI and SLSTR. In: Medspiration / GlobColour Symposium, Frascati, Italy (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Cristo, A., Martínez, P., Valencia, D., Hernández, L.M., Pérez, R.M., Plaza, A., Plaza, J., Aguilar, P.L.: Análisis del Funcionamiento de la Matriz Difusa para el Tratamiento de Imágenes Hiperespectrales. In: Globalgeo. Geomatic & Geotelematic International Show. International Geomatic Week, Barcelona, Spain (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Cristo, A., Martínez, P., Koch, M., Pérez, R.M., Schmid, T., Hernández, L.M.: Storage of Hyperspectral Sensor Images, Sources of Error and Footprint Analysis. In: Recent Advances in Quantitative Remote Sensing III, Torrent, Spain (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.INTA official site, http://www.inta.es