An Attempt of the Determination of Aerodynamic Characteristics of Nasal Airways
Possibilities of CT-imaging for functional diagnostic of nasal airways are described. The analytical and numerical methods for evaluation of nasal air flow speed and differential pressure in nasal cavity are proposed. Possibilities and perspectives of these methods for precision functional diagnostic of nasal diseases, surgery planning and verification for endonasal plastic interventions are discussed. Diagnostic imaging and actual parameters for evidence based otorinolaringology are proposed.
KeywordsNasal Cavity Paranasal Sinus Aerodynamic Characteristic Nasal Airway Nasal Passage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bezshapochnyy, S.B., Loburets, V.: Modern aspects of the rhinosinusitis. Clinical Immunology. Allergology. Infectology (6), 43–48 (2007) (Published in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Garyuk, G., Merkulov, A.Y., et al.: Experience of using of the spiral computer tomography, followed by virtual endoscopy for planning of the minimally invasive surgical intervention in rhinology. Rhinology 3, 32–34 (2004) (Published in Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Bezshapochny, S.B., Loburets, V.V.: Functional Endoscopic endonazal surgery: advantages, disadvantages and prospects. Rhinology 2, 3–10 (2002) (Published in Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.Avrunin, O.G.: Analysis of changes in the hydraulic diameter at determining of the flow regime of air in the nasal cavity, Technical electrodynamics. Subject Issue IEEE (3), 16–19 (2009) (Published in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.Avrunin, O.G., Beletsky, N.I., Bereznyakov, A.I.: About the role of pneumatic sinuses in the aerodynamics of the nasal cavity. Biophysical Journal 20(1), 88–95 (2008) (Published in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Gomenyuk, S.I., Morozov, D.N., Sysoev, Y.A., Lipnyak, A.A.: Methods for describing of the geometrical areas in CAD. Bulletin of Zaporozhye National University 1, 36–44 (2008) (Published in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Loitsyansky, L.G.: Fluid Mechanics, 904. Nauka, Moscow (1970) (Published in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.System of simulation of the fluid and gas motion. FlowVision. Version 2.0. User’s Guide. TESIS, Moscow (2001) (Published in Russian)Google Scholar
- 12.Kochevsky, A.N.: Calculation of internal flows in channels with the help of a Flow Vision software. Bulletin of Sumy University 2(61), 25–36 (2004) (Published in Russian)Google Scholar
- 14.Jaworski, B.M., Detlaph, A.A.: Handbook for Physics, 936. Nauka, Moscow (1968)Google Scholar