A Novel Echoed Image Detection and Removal Technique in Real Images and Video Sequences
Echo in real images and video is always a challenge, so echoed image detection and removal is an important task when dealing with image processing. In this paper, a new echoed image removal technique is presented to improve the quality of gray and color image in multimedia transmission. This approach depends on the concept of using autocorrelation technique to estimate the time delay and attenuation of echo in image. Then the proposed technique is applied to remove this echo and retrieve images without echo. In addition, the proposed scheme is applied to remove echo from video sequences. Simulation results show that the flexible echoed image removal technique which can remove echo from different types of images (e.g. gray, color, document, medical...) and video sequences.
KeywordsOriginal Image Video Sequence Color Image Real Image Rake Receiver
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kumar, S., et al.: Shadow Detection and Removal in Color Images using Matlab. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 2(9), 4482–4486 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Ulbeh, W.A., et al.: Gray Image Reconstruction. European Journal of Scientific Research 27(2), 167–173 (2009), ISSN 1450-216X Google Scholar
- 3.Kumar, P., et al.: BER Performance Analysis of Rake Receiver in Rayleigh Fading Channel for UMTS environment. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 2(6), 1690–1698 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Huanga, L., Quan, Y.: Ultrasound pulse-echo imaging using the split-step Fourier propagator Medical Imaging 2007: Ultrasonic Imaging and Signal Processing. In: Proc. of SPIE, vol. 6513, p. 651305 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Rappaport, T.S.: Wireless Communication, ch. 3 and 4. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Gayatri, S., Prabhu, P., Shankar, M.: Simulation of Flat Fading Using MATLAB for Classroom Instruction. IEEE Transactions on Education 45(1) (February 2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Jacques, J., Jung, C., Musse, S.: Background Subtraction and Shadow Detection in Grayscale Video Sequences University of Vale do Rio dos Sino (2006)Google Scholar