Implementation Fire Detection Algorithm Using Fixed Point Digital Signal Processor
In this paper, a fire detection algorithm based on video processing is proposed. Probability feature of smoke and flame is model by Gaussian mixture model. The whole process is divided into three parts, candidate flame or smoke selection, Gaussian mixture model calculation, and flame or smoke decision. The algorithm was implemented with fixed point DSP. As results of experiments, it is shown that the proposed algorithm and implemented video processing board effectively detects smokes and flames.
KeywordsFire Detection Gaussian Mixture Model fixed-point DSP
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arrue, B.C., Ollero, A., Dios, J.R.M.: An intelligent system for false alarm reduction in infrared forest-fire detection. IEEE Intelligent Systems, 64–73 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Toreyin, B.U., Dedeoglu, Y., Gudukbay, U., Cetin, A.E.: Computer vision based method for real-time fire and flame detection. Pattern Recognition Letters, 1–10 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Healey, G., Slater, D., Lin, T., Drda, B., Goedeke, A.D.: A system for real-time fire detection. In: Proc. IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Conference, pp. 605–606 (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Javed, O., Shah, M.: Tracking and object classification for automated surveillance. In: Proc. European Conf. on Computer Vision, pp. 343–357 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, T., Wu, P., Chiou, Y.: An early fire-detection method based on image processing. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP 2004, pp. 1707–1710 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Bilmes, J.: A gentle tutorial on the algorithm and its application to parameter estimation for Gaussian mixture and hidden Markov models. Technical Report ICSI-TR-97-021, Interna-tional Computer Science Institute (ICSI), Berkeley. CA (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Collins, R.T., Lipton, A.J., Kanade, T.: A system for video surveillance and monitoring. In: Proc. American Nuclear Society (ANS) 8th International Topical Meeting on Robotics and Remote System (1999)Google Scholar