Vehicle Tracking Based on Kalman Filter in Tunnel
The image recognition system using CCTV camera has been introduced to minimize not only loss of life and property but also traffic jam in the tunnel. In this paper, object detection algorithm is proposed to track vehicles. The proposed algorithm is to detect cars based on Adaboost and to track vehicles to use Kalman filtering. As results of simulations, it is shown that proposed algorithm is useful for tracking vehicles.
KeywordsAdaboost Algorithm Kalman Filter Object Tracking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Freund, Y., Schapire, R.E.: A short introduction to boosting. Journal of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence 14(5), 771–780 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Viola, P., Jones, M.: Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features. In: Proceedings IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Watman, C., Austin, D.: Fast sum of absolute differences visual landmark detector. In: Proceedings IEEE Conf. on Robotics and Automation (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Welch, G., Bishop, G.: An introduction to the Kalman filter. UNC-Chapel Hill, TR 95-041, July 24 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Rad, R., Jamzad, M.: Real time classification and tracking of multiple vehicles in highways. ELSEVIER 26, 1597–1607 (2005)Google Scholar