Application Program Interface as Back-Up Data Source for SCADA Systems
Internet SCADA was developed to widen the coverage span of the SCADA system. In this section, a double checking scheme for Internet SCADA Environment is analyzed. This is to improve the accuracy of data and to improve the performance of SCADA Systems. This scheme uses data from weather API Providers. Many API Provider such as Google, Yahoo, etc have Weather API’s. Weather API’s can give weather condition and forecast about a specific place.
KeywordsSCADA Control Systems Communication API
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Reed, T.: At the Abyss: An Insider’s History of the Cold War. Presidio Press (March 2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Kim, T.-h.: Weather Condition Double Checking in Internet SCADA Environment. WSEAS Transactions on Systems and Control 5(8), 623 (2010) ISSN: 1991-8763Google Scholar
- 3.Bailey, D., Wright, E.: Practical SCADA for Industry (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Hildick-Smith, A.: Security for Critical Infrastructure SCADA Systems (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Robles, R.J., Seo, K.-T., Kim, T.-h.: Communication Security solution for internet SCADA. In: Korean Institute of Information Technology 2010 IT Convergence Technology - Summer workshops and Conference Proceedings, pp. 461–463 (May 2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Wallace, D.: Control Engineering. How to put SCADA on the Internet (2003), http://www.controleng.com/article/CA321065.html (accessed: January 2010)
- 7.Robles, R.J., Kim, T.-H.: Double Checking Weather Condition in Internet SCADA Environment. In: 12th WSEAS International Conference on Automatic Control, Modelling & Simulation (ACMOS 2010), Catania, Italy, May 29-31 (2010) ISSN: 1790-5117, ISBN: 978-954-92600-1-4Google Scholar
- 8.What is API? A word definition from the Webopedia Computer Dictionary, http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/API.html (accessed: April 2010)