Investigation and Analysis of Teacher’s Questioning-Answering Behavior in College English Teaching
Adopting the method of natural investigation, the paper selects as samples videos of national level exquisite courses from six different universities. It analyzes and discusses the data in four aspects: initiation of the questioning, waiting of the answering, distribbution of the answering, response of the answering. The result of research conveys that effective questioning-answering behavior in the teaching is helpful to encourage and direct students to participate in the communicative activities, and it is beneficial for language acquisition. The this paper draws some implicaitons for teachers to improve skills of questioning-answering behavior in college English teaching.
Keywordsquestioning-answering behavior national level exquisite courses language acquisition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bellack, A.A., Kliebard, H.M., Hyman, R.J., Smith, F.L.: The Language of the Classroom. Teachers College Press, New York (1966)Google Scholar
- 2.Nunan, D.: Language Teaching Methodology: A Textbook for Teachers. Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs (1991)Google Scholar
- 3.Richards, J., Lockhart, C.: Reflective Teaching in Second Language Classrooms. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Shi, L., Cui, Y.: Teaching Theory: Teaching Principles, Strategies,and Researches. East China Normal University Press, Shanghai (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Brock, C.: The effect of referential questions on ESL classroom discourse. J. TESOL Quarterly 20 (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhao, X.: The Investigation and Analysis on Teacher’s Discourse of College English Reading Class. Foreign Language Word 2, 17–22 (1988)Google Scholar
- 8.Xing, Z., Yun, Z.: The Investigation and Analysis on Teacher’s Discourse of College English Teaching. Foreign Language Teaching and Research 34, 59–68 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Brophy, J.: Teacher praise: A functional analysis. Review of Educational Research 51 (1981)Google Scholar