Improving IPTV On-Demand Transmission Scheme over WiMax
IPTV service, especially Video on Demand (VoD) service like famous sport games, popular movies will be a technology winner in the near future. Multicast transmission will be used in mobile IPTV over wireless access network like WiMax. In this paper, we will look multi-channel multicast algorithm to allocate content packets into several channels over WiMax. Proposed algorithm utilizes hybrid mechanism which combines multi-channel multicasting and unicast scheme to enhance not only service blocking probability but also reduce overall bandwidth consumption of the IPTV networks. In order to evaluate the performance, we compare proposed algorithm against traditional unicast and Multicast schemes.
KeywordsIPTV multicast unicast Video on-demand
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.IPTV service scenarios, ITU-T draft Recommendation (December 2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Retnasothie, F., Ozdemir, M., Yucek, T.: Wireless IPTV over WiMAX: challenges and applications. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Annual Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference, pp. 1–5 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Pavel, M., Robert, B.: WiMAX Performance Evaluation. In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Networking 2007, p. 17 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Alonso, A.: Open-Loop Streaming Near-VOD Client. Master’s thesis, University of Pamplona/Institute Eureka, Computer Science, Pamplona (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Gerges, M.S.: Improvement transmission patterns IPTV-VoD in broadband networks. In: 63rd Scientific-Technical Conference, pp. 186–187. St. Petersburg State University of Telecommunications, Russia (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.End-user multimedia QoS categories, ITU-T Recommendation (November 2001)Google Scholar