Steady State Analysis of Three Node Client Relay System with Limited-Size Queues
In this paper, we present an accurate analytical model for the performance evaluation of the client relay wireless system, where users cooperate sending uplink data packets. We consider the simplified three-node system topology with limited-size queues. Using the embedded Markov chain technique based on the length of each packet queue and the contents of the relay queue, we obtain the equilibrium distribution and, therefore, the mean overall packet delay and the packet loss probability for all the nodes. The analytical model is compared with simulation to conclude on its accuracy.
Keywordsqueueing system embedded Markov chain client relay packet delay packet loss
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.LTE Release 10 & beyond (LTE-Advanced)Google Scholar
- 2.IEEE Std 802.16j-2009, IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks – Multihop Relay SpecificationGoogle Scholar
- 3.IEEE Std 802.16m. Part 16: Air Interface for Broadband Wireless Access Systems – Advanced Air InterfaceGoogle Scholar
- 10.Rong, B., Ephremides, A.: On opportunistic cooperation for improving the stability region with multipacket reception. In: NET-COOP Conference, pp. 45–59 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Pyattaev, A., Andreev, S., Galinina, O., Koucheryavy, Y.: System-level evaluation of opportunistic client cooperation in wireless cellular networks. In: IEEE ICCCN Conference (2011)Google Scholar