Better Performance of Mobile Devices in Time Frequency Dispersive Channels Using Well-Localized Bases
The main aim of this paper is to show on the conceptual level the practical and commercial benefits of signal construction and processing technology based on orthogonal frequency and time domains multiplexing (OFTDM). This technology utilizes mathematical framework of special orthogonal bases with the best time frequency localization. Higher spectral and energy efficiency of telecommunication systems together with robustness against complex realistic channel conditions are achieved. In particular, the level of interference between subcarrier channels in time and in frequency domain is minimized. This approach can have wide implementation in wideband mobile networks (WiMAX, LTE), digital television (DVB-T/H) and other telecommunication systems.
KeywordsWiMAX LTE OFDM OFTDM Well-localized bases time frequency dispersion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Oppenheim, A.V., Shafer, R.W.: Discrete-Time Signal Processing, PHI, 2/E (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Dahlman, E., Parkvall, S., Skold, J., Berming, P.: 3G evolution: HSPA and LTE for mobile broadband. Academic Press, London (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Kravchenko, V.F., Rvachev, V.L.: Boolean algebra, atomic functions and wavelets inGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kravchenko, V.F., Churikov, D.V.: Kravchenko–Kotelnikov–Levitan–Wigner distributions in radio physical applications, in Days on diffraction 2008, pp. 79–84. St. Petersburg, Russia (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Volchkov, V.P., Petrov, D.A.: Orthogonal, well-localized Weyl-Heisenberg basis construction and optimization for multicarrier digital communication systems. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications (ICUMT 2009). St. Petersburgh, Russia (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Petrov, D.A., Hamalainen, T.: Efficient WH-OFTDM Signals Processing. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications (ICUMT 2010), Moscow, Russia (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Sayenko, A., et al.: WINSE: WiMAX NS-2 extension (2010), http://sim.sagepub.com/content/early/2010/07/27/0037549710373334.full.pdf