ECSTRA – Distributed Context Reasoning Framework for Pervasive Computing Systems
Pervasive computing solutions are now being integrated into everyday life. Pervasive computing systems are deployed in homes, offices, hospitals, universities. In this work we present ECSTRA – Enhanced Context Spaces Theory-based Reasoning Architecture. ECSTRA is a context awareness and situation awareness framework that aims to provide a comprehensive solution to reason about the context from the level of sensor data to the high level situation awareness. Also ECSTRA aims to fully take into account the massively multiagent distributed nature of pervasive computing systems. In this work we discuss the architectural features of ECSTRA, situation awareness approach and collaborative context reasoning. We also address the questions of multi-agent coordination and efficient sharing of reasoning information. ECSTRA enhancements related to those problems are discussed. Evaluation of proposed features is also discussed.
KeywordsContext awareness situation awareness context spaces theory multi-agent systems distributed reasoning collaborative reasoning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Delir Haghighi, P., Zaslavsky, A., Krishnaswamy, S., Gaber, M.M.: Reasoning About Context in Uncertain Pervasive Computing Environments. In: The Proceedings of the European Conference on Context and Sensing (EuroCSS 2008), Switzerland. Springer, Heidelberg (2008) (accepted for Publication)Google Scholar
- 5.Padovitz, A., Loke, S.W., Zaslavsky, A.: Towards a theory of context spaces. In: Proceedings of the Second IEEE Annual Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops, pp. 38–42 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Xue, W., Pung, H., Ng, W., Gu, T.: Data Management for Context-Aware Computing. In: IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing, EUC 2008, pp. 492–498 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Bellifemine, F., Caire, G., Trucco, T., Rimassa, G.: JADE Programmer’s Guide, http://jade.tilab.com/doc/programmersguide.pdf (accessed on April 6, 2011)
- 11.Elvin Protocol Specifications, http://www.elvin.org/specs/index.html (accessed on April 6, 2011)
- 12.Avis Event Router Documentation, http://avis.sourceforge.net/documentation.html (accessed on April 6, 2011)