Combining Chain-Code and Fourier Descriptors for Fingerprint Matching
- 1.3k Downloads
The performance of an fingerprint recognition system is measured by its accuracy in recognition. For a feature-based fingerprint recognition system, the accuracy is heavily depend on the chosen feature set. A fingerprint image may suffer from problems like translation, rotation, scaling and elastic distortion due to different imaging conditions. A fingerprint recognition algorithm should address these problems before building the feature set. We present a novel method of representing the fingerprint ridge shape as the feature set by combining chain code and fourier descriptor for fingerprint recognition. Experimental results shows that our proposed algorithm is reliable for fingerprint recognition.
Keywordsfingerprint matching chain code fourier descriptors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Biosecure Tool:Performance Evaluation of a Biometric Verification System, http://svnext.it-sudparis.eu/svnview2-eph/ref_syst/Tools/PerformanceEvaluation/
- 2.Neurotechnology, http://www.neurotechnologija.com/download.html
- 4.Geevar, C.Z., Sojan Lal, P.: Reference point estimation in fingerprint image. In: IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Gonzale, R.C., Wintz, P.: Digital Image Processing. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1987)Google Scholar
- 6.Jain, A.K., Prabhakara, S., Hong, L., Pankanti, S.: An identity-authentication system using fingerprints. IEEE Trans. Systems Man Cybernet. 85(9), 1365–1388 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, J., Huang, Z., Chan, K.: Direct minutiae extraction from gray-level fingerprint image by relationship examination. In: International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 427–430 (2000)Google Scholar
- 14.Rajput, G.G., Horakeria, R., Chandrakant, S.: Printed and handwritten mixed kannada numerals recognition using svm. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering 2(5), 1622–1626 (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Siddiqi, I., Vincent, N.: A set of chain code based features for writer recognition. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang, D., Lu, G.: A comparative study of fourier descriptors for shape representation and retrieval. In: The 5th Asian Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 23–25 (2002)Google Scholar