Chain Code Histogram Based Facial Image Feature Extraction under Degraded Conditions
- 1.3k Downloads
In this work, we have introduced a feature extraction method based on Chain Code Histogram (CCH) for facial images. A face verification (FV) system has been developed by using CCH feature. The performance of the above system is comparable with that of subspace analysis methods, i.e. Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) under degraded condition. All the experimental results are shown upon a subset of IITG MV multi-biometric database which is a real time degraded office environment database. Finally, a better improved verification performance is reported by using the combination of both features which strongly validates the different information representation of both methods.
KeywordsChain Code Histogram Face Verification Degraded Environment Feature combination PCA-LDA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Pal, U., Sharma, N., Wakabayashi, T., Kimura, F.: Off-Line Handwritten Character Recognition of Devnagari Script. In: Proc. 9th Int. Conf. Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR), vol. 1, pp. 496–500 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Arora, S., Bhattacharjee, D., Nasipuri, M., Basu, D.K., Kundu, M.: Combining Multiple Feature Extraction Techniques for Handwritten Devnagari Character Recognition. In: Proc. IEEE Region 10 and the 3rd Int. Conf. Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), pp. 1–6 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Roy, K., Pal, T., Pal, U., Kimura, F.: Oriya Handwritten Numeral Recognition System. In: Proc. 8th Int. Conf. Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR), vol. 2, pp. 770–774 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Lawal, I.A., Abdel-Aal, R.E., Mahmoud, S.A.: Recognition of Handwritten Arabic (Indian) Numerals Using Freeman’s Chain Codes and Abductive Network Classifiers. In: Proc. 20th Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition (ICPR), pp. 1884–1887 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Sahoo, S.K., Prasanna, S.R.M.: Bimodal Biometric Person Authentication using Speech and Face under Degraded Condition. In: Proc. National Conference on Communication, NCC (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Martin, A., Doddington, G., Kamm, T., Ordowski, M., Przybocki, M.: The det curve in asssessment of detection task performance. In: Proc. Eur. Conf. Speech Communication Technology, pp. 1895–1898 (1997)Google Scholar