Investigating the Correlation between Customer Retention Programs of CRM and Customer Retention in E-Banking Context
In this study, considering different perspectives and concepts about customer relationship management (CRM), we try to investigate the significance of the correlation between each of the customer retention programs of CRM (loyalty programs, customer service, customization, and community) and customer retention. Data from 286 top bank managers of two governmental and two private Iranian bank branches were gathered in a field survey. The results of data analysis show the positive and significant correlation between each of the customer retention programs of CRM and customer retention. The study also finds the most significant correlation between customer service and customer retention.
KeywordsCustomer relationship management CRM customer retention programs customer retention electronic banking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Melville, N., Kraemer, K., Gurbaxani, V.: Information technology and organizational performance: An integrative model of IT business value. MIS Quarterly 28(2), 283–322 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Zablah, A.R., Bellenger, D.N., Johnston, W.J.: Customer relationship management implementation gaps. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management XXIV(4), 279–295 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Chan, J.O.: Toward a unified view of customer relationship management. The Journal of American Academy of Business, 32–38 (2005)Google Scholar
- 18.Alikhanzadeh, A.: Electronic banking. Olume Rayaneh, Babol (2008)Google Scholar
- 19.Azar, A., Momeni, M.: Statistics and its application in management, 2nd edn. Samt, Tehran (2005)Google Scholar
- 21.Ghahfarokhi, A.D., Zakaria, M.S.: The impact of CRM on customer retention in Malaysia. In: The International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Selangor, pp. 309–313 (2009)Google Scholar
- 22.Keramati, A., Mehrabi, H., Mousakhani, M.: The role of human, organization and technology in building competitive advantage with CRM: the case of Iranian internet service industry. In: The IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN 2008), DCC, Daejeon, Korea, pp. 1279–1284 (2008)Google Scholar
- 26.Bank and Insurance manifest agency (2010), http://www.bima.ir/view-6918.html