Development of Online Fuel Consumption Cost Calculator
Recently, fuel price becomes as hot topic and never ending issue especially the demand of fuel is very high. Malaysia Government has stood up in helping citizens by giving certain amount of money per vehicle owner to reduce their burden. However, the solution of reducing the total amount of fuel cost and consumption seems to be more helpful if the citizens can plan their fuel expenditure efficiently without unnecessary spend. Therefore, new software namely Online Fuel Consumption Cost Calculator (OFCCC) has been developed to help user plan and calculates the total amount of fuel cost for a car to travel based on the distance given, driving speed, weight capacity and current market fuel price cost. This software has been developed by using Microsoft Web Expression 2 and SQL Server database system. The result shows that the users can obtain a minimum cost towards the desired destination by using OFCCC.
KeywordsOFCCC database software fuel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Malaysia Petrol Since (1990), http://www.motorcar-malaysia.com/2007/11/malaysia-fuel-price-since-1990.html (retrieved on February 23, 2011)
- 2.Malaysia Petrol & Diesel Price Chart since (1990), http://casualzone.blogspot.com/2008/12/malaysia-petrol-price-chart-in-2008.html (retrieved on February 25, 2011)
- 5.Slater, D.: Consumer Culture and Modernity, 6th edn. Polity Press, Cambridge. ISBN: 0745603033 9780745603032 Google Scholar
- 6.EnerGuide, Fuel Consumption Guide 2007. Natural Resources of Canada (article in press) ( rerieve on July 2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Energy Publications, Fuel Consumption Calculator. Natural Resources Canada’s Office of Energy Efficiency (retrieved on April 2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Greenhouse Office, Fuel Consumption Guide Database 2006. Department of Environment and Water Resource, Australianm (retrieved on April 2010) Google Scholar
- 9.Noraziah, A., Amer, M.A., Abd Alla, A.N., Zanariah, S.: Fuel Consumption Cost Estimator (FCCE). Research Journal of Applied Sciences 3(7), 496–499 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Noraziah, A., Azhar, M.A.M., Sidek, R.M., Wahab, M.H.A.: Development of Expediency Fuel Consumption Cost Simulator. In: 2010 2nd International Conference on Education Technology and Computer (ICETC 2010), vol. 4, pp. 553–556. IEEE Xplore, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Noraziah, A.: Specific Data Model of Smart Fuel Consumption Cost Estimator. In: International Conference on Computer Technology & Development 2009 (ICCTD 2009), vol. 1(1), pp. 429–431. IEEE Xplore, Malaysia (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Joseph, B.: The Importance of Business Process Modeling in Software Systems Design, doi:10.1016/j.scico.2008.01.002Google Scholar
- 14.Lin, C., Hong, C.: Using Customer Knowledge in Designing Electronic Catalog, Expert Systems with Applications. ScienceDirect 34(1), 119–127 (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Noraziah, A., Noorhuzaimi, M.N., Junaida, S.: Smart Electronic Visitor Information Management System with Biometric Verification. Journal of Digital Information Management System 7(5), 318–322 (2009)Google Scholar