An Integrated Process Method of Sensing Data for Multi-sensor Networks
Recently, SWE (Sensor Web Enablement) working group of OGC (Open General Consortium) is carrying out a research on providing real-time sensor data and video collected in sensor networks through the Internet Web. However, the research does not deal with mobile objects such as cars, trains, ships, and persons. Therefore, we present an integrated processing method of video, sensor data, and location information collected in mobile sensing nodes for tracking and surveillance of mobile objects. The proposed method integrates and processes heterogeneous data from GPS devices, sensor networks, and video devices. Based on the proposed method, we designed and implemented a combine adaptor which receives the context data through a common interface and creates combined messages after parsing and queuing the data. We verified the proposed method works well with our integrated adaptor. The proposed method is expected to be helpful to develop various tracking and surveillance based on location.
KeywordsMobile object Integrated processing GPS Integrated data processing Location based services
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, S., Min, J., Yi, B.K.: Location Based Services for Mobiles: Technologies and Standards. In: IEEE International Conference on Communication (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Culler, D.: Overview of Sensor Network. Computer (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Chu, X., Buyya, R.: Service Oriented Sensor Web. In: Mahalik, N.P. (ed.) Sensor Network and Configuration: Fundamentals, Standards, Platforms, and Applications. Springer, Germany (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Bott, M.: OGC® Sensor Web Enablement: Overview and High Level Architecture. Open GIS Consortium (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Open Geographic Information System, http://www.opengis.org/
- 8.Hull, B., Bychkovsky, V., Zhang, Y., Chen, K., Goraczko, M., Shih, E., Balakrishnan, H., Madden, S.: CarTel: A Distributed Mobile Sensor Computing System. In: Proceedings ACM SenSys (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Eriksson, J., Balakrishnan, H., Madden, S.: Cabernet: Vehicular Content Delivery Using WiFi. In: Proceedings of the 14th ACM international conference on Mobile computing and networking (2008)Google Scholar