Cross Format Embedding of Metadata in Images Using QR Codes
Image steganography has various usages due to the recent advances in technology, specially in the field of data communication. Even though steganography has been used so far mostly to secretly embed data, we make use of it for embedding cleartext data, which everyone can has access. This work proposes a new method for cross format metadata embedding in images that is based on QR codes, that seems to have several significant advantages over current method of storing metadata.
Keywordssteganography QR codes LSB image metadata
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wayner, P.: Disappearing Cryptography: Information Hiding: Steganography & Watermarking, 3rd edn. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Cox, I., Miller, M., Bloom, J., Fridrich, J., Kalker, T.: Digital Watermarking and Steganography, 2nd edn. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.QR codes, http://www.denso-wave.com/qrcode/
- 4.Semacode, http://www.semacode.com/
- 5.Zhang, S., Yoshino, K.: DWT-Based Watermarking Using QR Code. Science Journal of Kanagawa University 19, 3–6 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Chung, C.-H., Chen, W.-Y., Tu, C.-M.: Image Hidden Technique Using QR-Barcode. In: Fifth International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 522–525 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Coatrieux, C.G., Lecornu, L., Roux, C., Sankur, B.: A Review of Image Watermarking Applications in Healthcare. In: EMBC 2006: IEEE Int. Conference on Engineering in Medicine and Biology, New York (September 2006)Google Scholar