The term “maculoplasty” is a future vision.So far, “surgical therapy” stands for the autologous replacement of affected retinal pigment epithelium by a hybrid of functioning retinal pigment epithelium and choroid.
KeywordsRetinal Pigment Epithelium Pigment Epithelium Subretinal Space Secondary Bleeding Macular Dystrophy
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 4.Bressler NM, Bressler SB, Hawkins BS, Marsh MJ, Sternberg P Jr, Thomas MA (2000) Submacular surgery trials randomized pilot trial of laser photocoagulation versus surgery for recurrent choroidal neovascularization secondary to age-related macular degeneration: I. Ophthalmic outcomes submacular surgery trials pilot study report number 1. Am J Ophthalmol 130:387–407PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Kirchhof B (2009) Full macular translocation in exsudative age related macular degeneration. doi: 10.3207/0663207832. 14 Aug 2009
- 11.Kirchhof B (2009) RPE and choroid translocation in anti-VEGF-non-responder. doi: 10.3207/0274288554. 24 July 2009
- 12.Heimes B, Lommatzsch A, Zeimer M, Gutfleisch M, Spital G, Dietzel M, Pauleikhoff D (2011) Long-term visual course after anti-VEGF therapy for exudative AMD in clinical practice evaluation of the German reinjection scheme. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 249:639–644Google Scholar
- 13.Gerding H, Loukopoulos V, Riese J, Hefner L, Timmermann M (2011) Results of flexible ranibizumab treatment in age-related macular degeneration and search for parameters with impact on outcome. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 249:653–662Google Scholar
- 17.Kirchhof B (2009) RPE and choroid translocation in geographic atrophy. doi: 10.3207/2833590479. 4 July 2009
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013