Geospatial Orchestration Framework for Resolving Complex User Query
With the development of web based technology and availability of spatial data infrastructure, the demand for accessing geospatial information over web has increased significantly. The data sets are being accessed by standard geospatial web services. However, for complex user queries involving multiple web services, it is required to discover those services and logically compose them to deliver the intended information. In this paper, a geospatial orchestration engine has been proposed for composition geospatial web services. A rule repository has been designed within the orchestration engine by considering the basic geospatial web services. A framework has been presented to develop a complex information service which can be achieved by chaining of already existing services. The efficacy of the framework has been demonstrated through a case study.
KeywordsGeospatial Web Services Service chaining Service orchestration Service Composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Sha, Z., Xie, Y.: Building spatial information systems based on geospatial web services. In: WCSE 2009, vol. 4, IEEE Press, New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Andrews, T., Trickovic, I.: Business process execution language for web services version 1.1, Technical report, IBM (May 2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Brauner, J., Schae®er, B.: Integration of grass functionality in web based sdi service chains. In: Academic paper on the FOSS4G Conference, Cape Town, South Africa, 29 September - 3 October (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Gone, M., Schade, S.: S Schade. Towards semantic composition of geospatial web services using wsmo in comparison to bpel. In: Proceedings of GI-Days, Munster, Germany, pp. 43–63 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Weiser, A., Zipf, A.: Web service orchestration (wso) of ogc web services (ows) for disaster management. In: Weiser, A., Zipf, A. (eds.) Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Geoinformation for Disaster Management, Toronto, Canada, pp. 33–41 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Dasgupta, A., Ghosh, S.K.: A Framework for Ubiquitous Geospatial Information Integration on Mobile Device Using Orchestration of Geoservices. International Journal Of UbiComp (IJU) 1(3), 69–88 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Meng, X., Bian, F., Xie, Y.: Geospatial Services Chaining with Web Processing Service. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Intelligent Information Systems and Applications (IISA 2009), Qingdao, P. R. China, pp. 7–10 (2009)Google Scholar