A Study on Hierarchical Policy Model for Managing Heterogeneous Security Systems
Enterprise security management system proposed to properly manage heterogeneous security products is the security management infrastructure designed to avoid needless duplications of management tasks and inter-operate those security products effectively. In this paper, we defined the hierarchical policy model and the detection algorithm of policy conflict for managing heterogeneous firewall systems. It is designed to help security management build invulnerable security policies that can unify various existing management infrastructures of security policies. Its goal is not only to improve security strength and increase the management efficiency and convenience but also to make it possible to include different security management infrastructures while building security policies. With the process of the detection and resolution for policy conflict, it is possible to integrate heterogeneous security policies and guarantee the integrity of them by avoiding conflicts or duplications among security policies. And further, it provides convenience to manage many security products existing in large network.
KeywordsSecurity Policy Security Management Policy Conflict Permit Policy Server Permit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.An Introduction to Computer Security: The NIST Handbook, NIST Special Publication 800-12 (January 1)Google Scholar
- 2.A Study on the Development of Countermeasure Technologies against Hacking and Intrusion in Computer Network Systems, KISA final development report (January 1999) Google Scholar
- 4.ISO 7498-2, Information processing systems-Open Systems Interconnection – Basic Reference Model—Part 2: Security Architecture Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, D.Y., Kim, D.S., Pang, K.H., Kim, H.S., Chung, T.M.: Web-based integrated security management system using SNMP. KNOM Review 2(1), 1167–1171 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Lee, D.Y., Kim, D.S., Pang, K.H., Kim, H.S., Chung, T.M.: A Design of Scalable SNMP Agent for Managing Heterogeneous Security Systems. In: NOMS, April 10-15 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Kim, K.H., Kim, D.S., Chung, T.M.: The Firewall Selection Algorithm for Integrated Security Management. In: Proceedings of The International Conference on Information Networking(ICOIN), February 2003, vol. II, pp. 940–949 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Kim, Y., Song, E.: Privacy-aware Role Based Access Control Model: Revisited for Multi-Policy Conflict Detection (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Lupu, E., Sloman, M.: Conflict Analysis for Management Policies. In: International Symposium on Integrated Network Management IM 1997, pp. 430–443 (1997)Google Scholar