An Impact of the Nanoscale Network-on-Chip Topology on the Transmission Delay
- 873 Downloads
The article presents simulation results of the topology impact on the transmission delay in Network-on-Chip models. Four topologies have been simulated and compared - ring, star, mesh and torus. It has been proven that transmission delay depends on the network topology - the lowest value was obtained for torus topology while ring topology is the worst. Moreover topologies have been compared using mean distance between the nodes as a routing metric.
Keywordsnetwork topology Network-on-Chip delay analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bush, S.F.: Nanoscale Communication Networks. Artech House, Norwood (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Ulacha, G., Stasiński, R., Dziurzański, P., Olejnik, R.: Lossless compression system architecture dedicated to Networks on Chips. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Signals and Electronic Systems ICSES 2006, Łódź, vol. 1, pp. 235–238 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Steve Lin, Y.-L.: Essential Issues In SOC Design. Springer, Dordrecht (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, M., Zeng, Q.-A., Jone, W.-B.: DyXY: a proximity congestion-aware deadlock-free dynamic routing method for network on chip. In: Proceedings of the 43rd Annual Design Automation Conference, pp. 849–852. ACM, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Synopsys.com, http://www.synopsys.com
- 7.Open SystemC Language Reference Manual, http://standards.ieee.org/getieee/1666/download/1666-2005.pdf
- 9.Kaczmar, D.: The comparison of the efficiency of networks-on-chip architectures. Master thesis, Szczecin University of Technology, Szczecin (2008) (in Polish)Google Scholar