A Telehealthcare System to Care for Older People Suffering from Metabolic Syndrome
As individuals live longer, the social structure is rapidly changing, resulting in problems such as shortages of medical resources and reduction of quality in healthcare services. Hence, this paper presents a telehealthcare system for user-friendly and long-term healthcare applications for older people suffering from metabolic syndrome. The system can transfer and manage medical data at a distance via a wireless sensor network. The integration of these technologies allows personal stand-alone vital data to become a total telehealthcare solution in home-level care.
KeywordsTelehealthcare system metabolic syndrome older person
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.UN, World population aging: 1950-2050, United Nations, New York ST/ESA/SER.A/207 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.CEPD, Taiwan Statistical Data Book (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.CEPD. Population Projections for Taiwan Area: Medium Variant 2006-2051Google Scholar
- 4.Ministry of the Interior, 2000 Abridged life table in Taiwan area - Overall, Department of Statistics, 1st edn. Ministry of the Interior, Taipei (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Ministry of the Interior, 2008 Abridged life table in Taiwan area - Overall, Department of Statistics, 1st edn. Ministry of the Interior, Taipei (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Hsu, C.-L., et al.: An investigation of the behavior of middle-aged people in using telehomehealth services. Social Behavior and Personality: An International Journal (in press)Google Scholar
- 13.Isomaa, B.: A major health hazard: The metabolic syndrome. Minireview 73, 2395–2411 (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Scott, C.L.: Diagnosis, prevention, and Intervention for the metabolic syndrome. Am. J. Cardiol. 92, 35i– 42i (2003)Google Scholar
- 17.Pan, J.-J., et al.: Wireless sensor network platform and application. Science Development 5 (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.Kao, M.K.: WSN Platform - Super Node (September 29, 2010), http://www.wsnc.ntu.edu.tw/Files/SuperNode.pdf