Decision Support System for Industrial Designer Based on Kansei Engineering
A combination of the traditional methodology of Kansei Engineering with the up-to-date Decision Support System (DSS) is developed in this paper. The users who have a little knowledge of information technology can achieve the Kansei Engineering optimal design in a short period of time by using the DSS, which is composed of a friendly human-computer interface, a database management module and a model management section. The introduction of the structure of the DSS is made first and a case study on the flat-panel handset is followed. Through the use of morphological analysis and semantic differential method, many designed samples and Kansei words are stored in the pre-determined database module. Some more consumers’ information is required to get the evaluations of the automatic-formed models. Then a combination of BP artificial networks and GA is used to get the final results. The system is developed by the PHP language to make sure that it runs smoothly in a web environment. Finally, a matrix of physical parameters is attained according to the output of the system. A decoding procedure is done to get the real physical design elements of the optimal model of handset, followed by a prototyping method using other software such as UG. The optimal design is shown at last.
KeywordsKansei Engineering Decision Support System flat-panel handset
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Nagamachi, M.: Kansei Engineering: an intelligent system in product development. In: 1994 Japan-U.S.A. Symposium on Flexible Automation-A Pacific Rim Conference, vol. 2, pp. 537–540 (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Nomura, J.: Consumer decision support system in virtual space using Kansei Engineering. JIPDEC Informatization Quarterly (101), 77–87 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Sato, N., Anse, M., Tabe, T.: A method for constructing a movie-selection support system based on Kansei engineering. J. Human Interface and the Management of Information, 526–534 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Ishihara, S., Ishihara, K., Matsubara, Y., Nagamachi, M.: Self-organizing neural networks in Kansei engineering expert system. In: Proceedings of 11th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, ECAI 1994, pp. 231–235 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Ishihara, S., Nagamachi, M., Ishihara, K.: Neural networks Kansei expert system for wrist watch design. In: The Sixth International Conference on Human-Computer Interactions Google Scholar