Enhancing Personas with Their Main Scenarios
The methodology of "personas" is a well-known procedure and very often used for characterizing target users in user-centered design projects. Very often, personas are represented by a picture. This paper introduces a different approach to present the results of a user analysis study with the goal to increase assimilation and comprehension of a project’s personas. We believe that creating and developing a new concept enhancing “personas” with their context, giving less importance to the image of the person with a silhouette and adding an image of their main scenarios can make more impact in our organizations. To verify our idea we conducted a study to evaluate which format - "personas" with a picture and "personas" with their contexts – worked better.
KeywordsPersonas Persona usage Context Scenarios User research Design methods
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chang, Y., Lim, Y., Stolterman, E.: Personas: From Theory to Practices. In: Proc. Abstracts Nordi CHI 2008, pp. 439–442. ACM Press, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Olsen, G. Making Personas More Powerful: Details to Drive Strategic and Tactical Design. BoxesandArrows (2004), http://www.boxesandarrows.com/view/making_personas_more_powerful_details_to_drive_strategic_and_tactical_design
- 4.Pruitt, J., Grudin, J.: Personas: practice and theory. In: Proc. Abstracts DUX 2003, pp. 1–15. ACM Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Traci, L.: Personas: Explorations in Developing a Deep and Dimensioned Character. UXmatters (August 23, 2010) (published), http://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2010/08/personas-explorations-in-developing-a-deep-and-dimensioned-character.php
- 6.Pruitt, P., Adlin, T.: The Persona Lifecycle: Keeping People in Mind throughout Product Design. Elsevier Inc., Amsterdam (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Garreta-Domingo, M., Almirall Hill, M., Mor, E.: User-centered design gymkhana. In: Proc. Abstracts CHI 2007, pp. 1741-1746. ACM Press, New York (2007) Google Scholar