On Secure JAVA Application in SOA-Based PKI Mobile Government Systems
In this paper, we describe a possible model of secure m-government system based on secure JAVA mobile application and SOA-Based m-government platform. The proposed model consists of additional external entities/servers, such as: PKI, XKMS, STS, UDDI and TSA. The main parts of the proposed model are secure JAVA mobile application and secure Web Service implemented on the SOA-based platform. One example of the possible mobile government online services is particularly emphasized: sending m-residence certificate request and obtaining the m-residence electronic document (m-residence certificate) as a government’s response. This scenario could serve as a model of any m-government online services consisting of sending some requests to the m-government platforms and obtaining responses as corresponding governmental electronic messages or documents.
KeywordsJava based mobile phone application m-government platform Web Service SOAP protocol XML-Security WS-Security XKMS protocol SAML Timestamp
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kolsi, O., Virtanen, T.: MIDP 2.0 Security Enhancements. In: Proceedings of the 37th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Papastergiou, S., Karantjias, A., Polemi, D., Marković, M.: A Secure Mobile Framework for m-Services. In: Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services, ICIW 2008, Athens, Greece (June 2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Cuno, S., Glickman, Y., Hoepner, P., Karantjias, T., Marković, M., Schmidt, M.: The Architecture of an Interoperable and Secure eGovernment Platform Which Provides Mobile Services. In: Cunningham, P., Cunningham, M. (eds.) Collaboration and the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies, pp. 278–256. IOS Press, Amsterdam (2008); ISBN 978-1-58603-924-0Google Scholar
- 6.Đorđević, G., Marković, M.: Simulation and JAVA Programming of Secure Mobile Web Services. In: Proceedings of Balkan Conference on Operational Research, Balcore, Zlatibor, Serbia (October 2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Marković, M., Đorđević, G.: On Secure SOA-Based e/m-Government Online Services. Accepted for publication in Handbook Service Delivery Platforms: Developing and Deploying Converged Multimedia Services, ch. 11, pp. 251–278. Taylor & Francis, Abington (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Kanneganti, R., Chodavarapu, P.: SOA Security, Sound View Court 3B. Manning Publications Co., Greenwich (2008)Google Scholar