On-line and Mobile Delivery Data Management for Enhancing Customer Services
With the growing trend toward the use of supply chain and e-commerce, logistic service providers for product warehousing, transportation and delivery are placing great emphasis on information technology (IT) to be competitive globally. Realizing the current service tracking system merely supports order status tracking within a service provider, applies mobile agent technology for customer satisfaction index through online delivery tracking across the logistic alliances. Therefore, in this paper, we propose a system that utilizes three-tier architecture for mobile agent technology and develops a prototype system for logistic delivery service tracking to satisfy customers who want to know the location of their things in detail. Also, we demonstrate the concept and technology proposed with mobile and internet. The online service tracking services enable customers to monitor the real-time status of their service requests through internet and therefore becomes key tool for modern enterprises to compete successfully in a global marketplace.
KeywordsSupply Chain Mobile Agent Logistic Service Industrial Management Logistics Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zografos, K.G., Giannouli, I.M.: Emerging trends in logistics and their impact on freight transportation systems: a European perspective. Transportation Research Record (1790), 36–44 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Weil, M.: Moving more for less. Manufacturing Systems 16, 90–94 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Ministry of Economic Affairs (MoEA), Yearbook of Logistic Service Industry in Taiwan, Taipei (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Aitken, J.: Supply chain integration within the context of a supplier association. Cranfield University, Cranfield, PhD thesis (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.AIMO: Artificial Intelligence Modelling Organisation, AIMO (1999), http://aimo.kareltek.fi/
- 11.Anton, J.: Call Center Benchmark Report, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN (2000)Google Scholar