Flocking Control Algorithms for Multiple Agents in Cluttered and Noisy Environments
- 927 Downloads
Birds, bees, and fish often flock together in groups based on local information. Inspired by this natural phenomenon, flocking control algorithms are designed to coordinate the activities of multiple agents in cluttered and noisy environments, respectively. First, to allow agents to track and observe a target better in cluttered environments, an adaptive flocking control algorithm is proposed.With this algorithm, all agents can track the target better and maintain a similar formation and connectivity. Second, to deal with noisy measurements we proposed two flocking control algorithms, Multi-CoM-Shrink and Multi-CoM-Cohesion. Based on these algorithms, all agents can form a network and maintain connectivity, even with noisy measurements. We also investigate the stability and scalability of our algorithms. Simulations and real experiments are conducted to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
KeywordsFlocking control multi-agent systems mobile sensor networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Reynolds, C.: Flocks, birds, and schools: A distributed behavioral model. In: Computer Graphics, ACM SIGGRAPH 1987 Conference Proceedings, Anaheim California, vol. 21(4), pp. 25–34 (1987)Google Scholar
- 8.Olfati-Saber, R.: Distributed tracking for mobile sensor networks with information driven mobility. In: Proceedings of the 2007 American Control Conference, pp. 4606–4612 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.La, H.M., Sheng, W.: Flocking control of a mobile sensor network to track and observe a moving target. In: Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Leonard, N.E., Fiorelli, E.: Virtual leaders, artificial potentials, and coordinated control of groups. In: Proceedings of the 40th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2968–2973 (2001)Google Scholar
- 15.Rovio robot, http://www.wowwee.com/en/support/rovio
- 16.VICON motion system, http://www.vicon.com/