Volume-Agglomeration Coarse Grid In Schwarz Algorithm
The use of volume-agglomeration for introducing one or several levels of coarse grids in an Additive Schwarz multi-domain algorithm is revisited. The purpose is to build an algorithm applicable to elliptic and convective models. The sub-domain solver is ILU. We rely on algebraic coupling between the coarse grid and the Schwarz preconditioner. The Deflation Method and the Balancing Domain Decomposition (BDD) Method are experimented for a coarse grid as well as domain-by-domain coarse gridding. Standard coarse grids are built with the characteristic functions of the sub-domains. We also consider the building of a set of smooth basis functions (analog to smoothed-aggregation methods). The test problem is the Poisson problem with a discontinuous coefficicent. The two options are compared for the standpoint of coarse-grid consistency and for the gain in scability of the global Schwarz iteration.
Keywordsdomain decomposition coarse grid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Aubry, F. Mut, R. Lohner, J. R. Cebral, Deflated preconditioned conjugate gradient solvers for the Pressure-Poisson equation, Journal of Computational Physics, 227:24, 10196-10208, 2008.Google Scholar
- 4.F. Courty, A. Dervieux, Multilevel functional Preconditioning for shape optimisation, IJCFD, 20:7, 481-490, 2006.Google Scholar
- 6.A.-C. Lesage, O. Allain and A. Dervieux, On Level Set modelling of Bi-fluid capillary flow, Int. J. Numer. Methods in Fluids, 53:8, 1297-1314, 2007.Google Scholar
- 7.P. Le Tallec, J. Mandel, M. Vidrascu, Balancing Domain Decomposition for Plates, Eigth International Symposium on Domain Decomposition Methods for Partial Differential Equations, Penn State, October 1993, Contemporary Mathematics, 180, AMS, Providence, 1994, 515-524.Google Scholar
- 8.P.T. Lin, M. Sala, J.N. Shadi, R S. Tuminaro, Performance of Fully-Coupled Algebraic Multilevel Domain Decomposition Preconditioners for Incompressible Flow and Transport.Google Scholar
- 10.N. Marco, B. Koobus, A. Dervieux, An additive multilevel preconditioning method and its application to unstructured meshes, INRIA research report 2310, 1994 and Journal of Scientific Computing, 12:3, 233-251, 1997.Google Scholar
- 11.F. Nataf, H. Xiang, V. Dolean, A two level domain decomposition preconditioner based on local Dirichlet-to-Neumann maps, C. R. Mathématiques, 348:21-22, 1163-1167, 2010.Google Scholar
- 12.F. Nataf, H. Xiang, V. Dolean, N. Spillane, A coarse space construction based on local Dirichlet to Neumann maps, to appear in SIAM J. Sci Comput., 2011.Google Scholar
- 13.C.R. Nastase, D. J. Mavriplis, High-order discontinuous Galerkin methods using an hp-multigrid approach, Journal of Computational Physics 213:1, 330-357, 2006.Google Scholar
- 15.Y. Saad, M. Yeung, J. Erhel, and F. Guyomarc’H, A deflated version of the conjugate gradient algorithm, SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 21:5, 1909-1926, 2000.Google Scholar
- 16.C. Vuik, R. Nabben A comparison of deflation and the balancing preconditionner, SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 27:5, 1742-1759, 2006.Google Scholar