Recent Improvements in DORIS Data Processing at IGN in View of ITRF2008, the ignwd08 Solution
In preparation for the computation of ITRF2008, the DORIS IGN analysis center has undertaken the task of a complete reprocessing of all DORIS data from 1993.0 to 2009.0, using all available DORIS data as well as the most recent models and estimation strategies. We provide here a detailed description of the major improvements recently made in the DORIS data processing, mainly in terms of solar radiation pressure, atmospheric drag, gravity field, and tropospheric correction. We address here the impact of the new IGN time series (ignwd08) on geodetic products using comparison to the previous IGN solutions (ignwd04). In particular, previous artifacts, such as 118-day or 1-year periodic errors in the TZ-geocenter solution or in the vertical component of high latitude DORIS tracking stations, have now disappeared, leading to more precise and reliable time series of DORIS station coordinates. Finally, possible future improvements are discussed proposing new investigations for the future.
KeywordsPolar Motion Solar Radiation Pressure Terrestrial Reference Frame Tropospheric Correction International DORIS Service
This work was supported by the Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES). It is based on observations with DORIS embarked on SPOTs, TOPEX/Poseidon, ENVISAT and Jason satellites. This paper is IPGP contribution number 2593.
- Altamimi Z, Collilieux X, Legrand J, Garayt B, Boucher C (2007) ITRF2005, a new release of the International Terrestrial Reference Frame based on time series of station positions and Earth orientation parameters. J Geophys Res 112(B9), art. B09401Google Scholar
- Boehm J, Niell A, Tregoning P, Schuh H (2006) Global Mapping Function (GMF), a new empirica mapping function based on numerical weather model data. Geophys Res Lett 33(7), art. L07304Google Scholar
- Coulot D, Collilieux X, Pollet A, Berio P, Gobinddass ML, Soudarin L, Willis P (2009) Genetically modified networks. A genetic algorithm contribution to space geodesy, application to the transformation of SLR and DORIS EOP time series. In: European Geocience Union meeting, Vienna, Austria, EGU2009-7988Google Scholar
- Gobinddass ML, Willis P, Diament M, Menvielle M (2010). Refining DORIS atmospheric drag estimation in preparation of ITRF2008. Adv Space Res 46(12):1566–1577Google Scholar
- McCarthy D, Petit G (eds) (2004) IERS 2003 Conventions. In: IERS Techn Note 32, Frankfurt-am-Main, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- Tavernier G, Soudarin L, Larson K, Noll C, Ries J, Willis P (2002) Current status of the DORIS Pilot experiment. Adv Space Res 30(2):151–156Google Scholar
- Valette JJ, Lemoine FG, Ferrage P, Yaya P, Altamimi Z, Willis P, Soudarin L, (2010) IDS contribution to ITRF2008 Adv Space Res 46(12):1614–1632Google Scholar
- Williams SDP, Willis P (2006) Error analysis of weekly station coordinates in the DORIS network. J Geod 80(8–11):429–456Google Scholar
- Zelensky NP, Berthias JP, Lemoine FG (2006) DORIS time bias estimated using Jason-1, TOPEX/Poseidon and ENVISAT orbits. J Geod 80(8–11):497–506Google Scholar
- Zelensky NP, Lemoine FG, Chinn DS, Rowlands DD, Luthcke SB, Beckley D, Pavlis D, Ziebart A, Sibthorpe A, Willis P, Luceri V (2010) DORIS/SLR POD modeling improvements for Jason-1 and Jason-2. Adv Space Res 46(12):1541–1558Google Scholar