Improving the GNSS Attitude Ambiguity Success Rate with the Multivariate Constrained LAMBDA Method
GNSS Attitude Determination is a valuable technique for the estimation of platform orientation. To achieve high accuracies on the angular estimations, the GNSS carrier phase data has to be used. These data are known to be affected by integer ambiguities, which must be correctly resolved in order to exploit the higher precision of the phase observables with respect to the GNSS code data. For a set of GNSS antennae rigidly mounted on a platform, a number of nonlinear geometrical constraints can be exploited for the purpose of strengthening the underlying observation model and subsequently improving the capacity of fixing the correct set of integer ambiguities. A multivariate constrained version of the LAMBDA method is presented and tested here.
KeywordsAmbiguity Resolution Baseline Length Integer Ambiguity Integer Minimizer Code Observation
P.J.G. Teunissen is the recipient of an Australian Research Council Federation Fellowship (project number FF0883188): this support is gratefully acknowledged.
The research of S. Verhagen is supported by the Dutch Technology Foundation STW, applied science division of NWO and the Technology Program of the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- 1.Cohen CE (1992) Attitude determination using GPS. Ph.D. thesisGoogle Scholar
- 3.Dai L, Ling KV, Nagarajan N (2004) Real-time attitude determination for microsatellite by LAMBDA method combined with Kalman filtering. In: Proceedings of the 22nd AIAA international communications satellite systems conference and exhibit 2004 (ICSSC), Monterey, CAGoogle Scholar
- 7.Teunissen PJG (1994) Integer least-squares estimation of the GPS phase ambiguities. In: Proceedings of the international symposium on kinematic systems in geodesy, geomatics and navigation, pp 221–231Google Scholar
- 8.Teunissen PJG (1993) Least squares estimation of the integer GPS ambiguities. In: Invited lecture, section IV theory and methodology, IAG general meeting, Beijing. LGR series No. 6, Delft Geodetic Computing Center, Delft University of TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 10.Teunissen JG (2008) GNSS ambiguity resolution for attitude determination: theory and method. In: Proceedings of the international symposium on GPS/GNSS, Tokyo, JapanGoogle Scholar
- 11.Park C, Teunissen PJG (2003) A new carrier phase ambiguity estimation for GNSS attitude determination systems. In: Proceedings of international GPS/GNSS symposium, TokyoGoogle Scholar
- 12.Buist PJ (2007) The baseline constrained LAMBDA method for single epoch, single frequency attitude determination applications. In: Proceedings of ION GPSGoogle Scholar
- 14.Giorgi G, Teunissen PJG, Buist PJ (2008) A search and shrink approach for the baseline constrained LAMBDA: experimental results. In: Proceedings of the international symposium on GPS/GNSS, Tokyo, JapanGoogle Scholar
- 15.Giorgi G, Buist PJ (2008) Single-epoch, single frequency, standalone full attitude determination: experimental results. 4th ESA workshop on Satellite Navigation User Equipment Technologies, NAVITECGoogle Scholar
- 18.Battin RH (1987) An introduction to the mathematics and methods of astrodynamics. AIAA Education SeriesGoogle Scholar