Robust Numeric Set Watermarking: Numbers Don’t Lie
Ever since Cox et. al published their paper, “A Secure, Robust Watermark for Multimedia” in 1996 , there has been tremendous progress in multimedia watermarking. The same pattern re-emerged with Agrawal and Kiernan publishing their work “Watermarking Relational Databases” in 2001 . However, little attention has been given to primitive data collections with only a handful works of research known to the authors [11, 10]. This is primarily due to the absence of an attribute that differentiates marked items from unmarked item during insertion and detection process. This paper presents a distribution-independent, watermarking model that is secure against secondary-watermarking in addition to conventional attacks such as data addition, deletion and distortion. The low false positives and high capacity provide additional strength to the scheme. These claims are backed by experimental results provided in the paper.
KeywordsWatermark Scheme Watermark Detection False Positive Probability Watermark Insertion Watermark Capacity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, R., Kiernan, J.: Watermarking relational databases. In: Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Very Large Databases, VLDB (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Bors, A., Pitas, I.: Image watermarking using dct domain constraints. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 1996), vol. III, pp. 231–234 (September 1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Collberg, C., Thomborson, C.: Software watermarking: Models and dynamic embeddings. In: Proceedings of Principles of Programming Languages 1999, POPL 1999, pp. 311–324 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Cox, I.J., Killian, J., Leighton, T., Shamoon, T.: Secure spread spectrum watermarking for images, audio, and video. In: IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 1996), vol. III, pp. 243–246 (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Gupta, G., Pieprzyk, J.: Reversible and blind database watermarking using difference expansion. International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics 1(2), 42Google Scholar
- 9.Qu, G., Potkonjak, M.: Analysis of watermarking techniques for graph coloring problem. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Aided Design, pp. 190–193 (1998)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang, Y., Niu, X.-M., Zhao, D.: A method of protecting relational databases copyright with cloud watermark. Transactions of Engineering, Computing and Technology 3, 170–174 (2004)Google Scholar