Plug and Play Transport Chain Management: Agent-Based Support to the Planning and Execution of Transports
A novel approach to efficiently plan and execute effective transport solutions is presented. It provides agent-based support for key tasks, such as, finding the best sequence of transport services for a particular goods transport, monitoring the execution of the transport, as well as the interaction between the involved actors. The approach is based on the FREIGHTWISE framework in which a minimal set of information packages is defined. The purpose is to capture all the information that needs to be communicated between the actors involved in a transport, such as, transport users, transport providers, and infrastructure managers, during the complete process from planning to termination. The approach is inspired by the concepts of virtual enterprises and breeding environments. We analyse the requirements of such an approach and describe a multi-agent system architecture meeting these requirements.
KeywordsMultiagent System Transport Service Reputation System Virtual Enterprise Negotiation Manager
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fjørtoft, K., Westerheim, H., Vannesland, A., Hagaseth, M.: WP13 FREIGHTWISE framework architecture, release 3 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Davidsson, P., Hederstierna, A., Jacobsson, A., Persson, J.A., Carlsson, B., Johansson, S.J., Nilsson, A., Ågren, G., Östholm, S.: The concept and technology of plug and play business. In: Manolopoulos, Y., Filipe, J., Constantopoulos, P., Cordeiro, J. (eds.) ICEIS, vol. (4), pp. 213–217 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Holmgren, J., Davidsson, P., Persson, J.A., Ramstedt, L.: An agent based simulator for production and transportation of products. In: The 11th World Conference on Transport Research, Berkeley, USA, June 8-12 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Davidsson, P., Holmgren, J., Persson, J.A., Ramstedt, L.: Multi agent based simulation of transport chains. In: Padgham, L., Parkes, D.C., Müller, J., Parsons, S. (eds.) AAMAS, vol. (2), pp. 1153–1160. IFAAMAS (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Davidsson, P., Ramstedt, L., Törnquist, J.: Inter-organization interoperability in transport chains using adapters based on open source freeware. In: Interoperability of Enterprise Software and Applications, pp. 35–43. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar