A Single Frequency Strapdown Algorithm for Integrating IMUs in ECEF-Frame
This contribution will introduce a strapdown navigation algorithm for integrating inertial measurement units (IMU), which – due to its inherent ability to propagate navigation states at the same frequency as the integrating IMU is providing measurements – is called single frequency strapdown algorithm. The algorithm will be derived w.r.t. Earth-centred Earth-fixed reference frame. Numerical results for a simulated kinematic trajectory are presented.
KeywordsInertial Measurement Unit Angular Rate Specific Force Error Order Orientation Error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bortz, J.E.: A New Mathematical Formulation for Strapdown Inertial Navigation. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems AES-7(1) (1971)Google Scholar
- 2.Dambeck, J.: Geodesy & Inertial Navigation Algorithms. lecture notes, Technical University of Munich (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Farrell, J.L.: Integrated Aircraft Navigation. Academic Press, San Diego (1976)Google Scholar
- 4.Gusinsky, V.Z., Lesyuchevsky, V.M., Litmanovich, Y.A., Musoff, H., Schmidt, G.T.: New Procedure for Deriving optimized Strapdown Attitude Algorithms. Journal of Guidance, Control & Dynamics 20(4) (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Hairer, E., Nørsett, S.P., Wanner, G.: Solving Ordinary Differential Equations I. Nonstiff Problems, 2nd edn. Springer, Heidelberg (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Ignagni, M.B.: Optimal Strapdown Attitude Integration Algorithms. Journal of Guidance, Control & Dynamics 13(2) (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Laning, J.H.: The vector analysis of finite rotations and angles. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MIT/IL Special Rept. 6398-S-3 (1949)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, J.G., Yong, J.Y., Mark, J.G., Tazartes, D.A.: Extension of Strapdown Attitude Algorithm for High-Frequency Base Motion. J. of Guidance, Control & Dynamics 13(4) (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.Miller, R.B.: A New Strapdown Attitude Algorithm. J. of Guidance, Control & Dynamics 6(4) (1983)Google Scholar
- 10.National Imaginary and Mapping Agency (NIMA): World Geodetic System 1984. Technical Report 8350.2, 3rd edn. (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Savage, P.: Strapdown Inertial Navigation Integration Algorithm Design Part 1: Attitude Algorithms. Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics 21(1) (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Savage, P.: Strapdown Inertial Navigation Integration Algorithm Design Part 2: Velocity and Position Algorithms. Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics 21(2) (1998)Google Scholar