A System for Resource Efficient Process Planning for Wire EDM
Efficient utilization of available resources for a particular machine tool technology is an important aspect of sustainable manufacturing. The objective of this paper is to present a method for efficient resource process planning for a Wire EDM Machine Tool System. For a given part information (required surface finish and workpiece height), the developed program automatically selects the feasible wires and generates the operation sequence and corresponding cutting conditions. The system then presents a multi objective framework consisting of both ecological criteria (waste generation, electricity consumption) and economic criteria (different costs and machining time) to suggest the wire which provides the best compromise solution for the considered criteria.
KeywordsWire EDM Energy Consumption Waste Generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.DiBonoto, D.D; (1989): Theoretical models of electrical discharge machining process—I. A simple cathode erosion model,in: Journal of Applied Physics Vol. 66, No. 9, pp. 4095–4103.Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, H.C.; Lin, J.-C.; Yang Y.-Y.; Tsai, C.-H.; (2010): Optimization of wire electrical discharge machining for pure tungsten using a neural network integrated simulated annealing approach, in: Expert Systems with Applications: An International Journal, Vol. 37, No.10, pp. 7147–7153.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Tonshoff, H.K.; Egger, R.; Klocke, F.;(1996): Environmental and safety aspects of electrophysical and electrochemical processes, in: CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 45, No.2, pp. 553–568.Google Scholar
- 11.Deiss, C; (2009): Eco machine Study on Energy Consumption of wire and wire Erosion Machine (published in german), Master Thesis, RWTH Aachen University.Google Scholar
- 12.Charmilles; (2005): Technologies Manual Robofil 240 CC 440CC, GF Agie Charmilles SA.Google Scholar