New Technologies for Remanufacturing of Automotive Systems Communicating via CAN Bus
The present paper summarizes the recent methodologies, technologies, results and opportunities in the field of analyzing and extending the life cycle of automotive systems by remanufacturing that have been developed within the European research project “CAN REMAN”, conducted by Bayreuth University in cooperation with two other universities and eight industrial partners. The aim of this project is to develop appropriate and affordable testing and diagnostics technologies that enable small and medium sized enterprises (SME) to remanufacture mechatronic vehicle components.
KeywordsRemanufacturing Testing Automotive Components CAN Bus Communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Steinhilper, R., Rosemann B., Freiberger, S. (2006): “Product and Process Assessment for Remanufacturing of Computer Controlled Automotive Components”, in: Proceedings of the 13th CIRP International Conference on Life Cycle Engineering (LCE2006), pp. 441-446, Leuven, Belgium.Google Scholar
- 2.Steinhilper, R. (2008): “Automotive Service Engineering and Remanufacturing: New Technologies and Opportunities”, in: Proceedings of the 15th CIRP International Conference on Life Cycle Engineering (LCE2008), pp. 2-8, Sidney, Australia.Google Scholar
- 3.Lund, R. T., Hauser, W. (2003): The Remanufacturing Industry: Anatomy of a Giant, Department of Manufacturing Engineering, Boston University, Boston.Google Scholar
- 4.Steinhilper, R. (1999): Remanufacturing: The ultimate form of recycling, Fraunhofer IRB Verlag Press, Stuttgart, Germany.Google Scholar
- 6.Lund, R. T. (1996): The Remanufacturing Industry: Hidden Giant, Boston University Study, funded by Argonne National Laboratory, Boston, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- 8.Roddeck, W. (2006): Einführung in die Mechatronik, 3rd Edition, B.G. Teubner Verlag / GWV Fachverlage GmbH, Wiesbaden, Germany.Google Scholar
- 9.Zimmermann, W., Schmidgall, R. (2008): Bussysteme in der Fahrzeugtechnik, 3rd Edition, Vieweg + Teubner / GWV Fachverlage GmbH, Wiesbaden, Germany.Google Scholar
- 11.Seliger, G., Grudzien, W., Zaidi, H. (1999): “New Methods of Product Data Provision for a simplified Disassembly” in: Proceedings of the 6th International Seminar on Life Cycle Engineering 1999, pp. 250-259, Kingston, Canada.Google Scholar
- 13.Chikofsky, E. J., Cross, J. H. II (1990): “Reverse Engineering and Design Recovery: A Taxonomy”, in: IEEE Software, IEEE Computer Society, pp. 13-17.Google Scholar