Robust Stability Conditions of Quasipolynomials by Frequency Sweeping
In this chapter we study the robust stability independent of delay of some class of uncertain quasipolynomials, whose coefficients may vary in a certain prescribed range. OUr main contributions include frequency-sweeping conditions for interval, diamond and spherical quasipolynomial families. The correspoding results provide necessary and sufficient conditions, and are easy to check, requiring only the computation of two simple frequency-dependent functions. Various extensions (polytopic uncertainty, multivariate polynomials) are also presented.
KeywordsRobust Stability Frequency Domain Approach Polynomial Family Spherical Polynomial Robust Stability Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.R. Barmish, New Toolsfor Robllstlless of Lillear Systems, New York, NY Macmillan, 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Bhattacharyya, H. Chapellat. and L. H. Keel. Robust control. The parametric approach, Prentice Hall, 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Chen and S.-I. Niculescu. “Robust stability of quasipolynomials: Frequency-sweeping conditions and vertex tests,” Internal Note HeuDillSyC’03, March 2003.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Chen and A.L. Tits. “Robust control analysis,” in Ellcyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. vol. 18, pp. 602–616, J.G.Webster, Ed., Wiley, 1998Google Scholar
- 16.J. Kogan, Robust Stability and Convexity, LNCIS., vol. 201. Springer New York, 1995.Google Scholar
- 18.M.S. Mahmoud, Robust Control alld Filterillg for Time-Delay Systems, Mercel Dekker, 2000.Google Scholar
- 19.S.-I. Niculescu, Delay effects on stability. A robust control approach, Heidelberg. Germany Springer-Verlag, LNCIS, vol. 269, 2001.Google Scholar
- 20.A.W. OlbrOl and C.U.T. Igwe, “Necessary and sufficient conditions for robust stability independent of delay and coefficient perturbations.’” Proc. 34th IEEE Conf. Decision COntr., New Orleans, LA, Dec. 1995, pp. 392–394.Google Scholar