Mixing in Chemical Reactors
- 1.1k Downloads
The mixing plays a fundamental role in domains as fluid dynamics, chemical engineering, environmental studies and pharmacology.
Discrete and continuous time models, based on model categorification method have been developed. The residence time distributions, RTD, for multi-scale imperfect mixing are expansions in terms of Meixner and Laguerre polynomials.
The resulting RTD are compared to different models of imperfect mixing.
Local anesthetic effects on membranes are presented in the general PSM framework.
The SDG solution for imperfect mixing is exposed.
KeywordsChemical Reactor Dead Space Discrete Model Laguerre Polynomial Residence Time Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cholette, A., Cloutier, L.: Mixing efficiency determinations for continuous flow systems. Canad. J. Chem. Engng. 37, 105–111 (1959)Google Scholar
- Fogler, H.S.: Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering. Pearson Education Inc., Upper Saddle River (2006)Google Scholar
- Gruson, L., van der Put, M.: Banach spaces. Bull. Soc. Math. France 39-40, 55–100 (1974)Google Scholar
- Iordache, O., Frangopol, P.T.: Polystochastic features of compartmental biosystems. In: Frangopol, P.T., Morariu, V.V. (eds.) Seminars in Biophysics, vol. 5, pp. 143–150. CIP Press, Bucharest (1988a)Google Scholar
- Iordache, O., Apostol, M., Frangopol, P.T.: Non-exponential relaxation of drug-membrane interaction. Effects of cross-linking aldekydes and procaine. Rev. Roum. Biochim. 25, 275–281 (1988a)Google Scholar
- Jacquez, J.A.: Compartmental Analysis in Biology and Medicine. The University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor (1985)Google Scholar
- Kock, A., Reyes, G.E.: Some differential equations in SDG. arXiv:math.CT/0104164 (2008)Google Scholar
- Nauman, E.B.: Residence Time Distributions. In: Handbook of Industrial Mixing: Science and Practice, pp. 1–17. Wiley Interscience, Hoboken (2004)Google Scholar
- Nauman, E.B., Buffham, B.A.: Mixing in Continuous Flow Systems. J. Wiley, New York (1983)Google Scholar
- Pethö, A., Noble, R.D. (eds.): Residence Time Distribution Theory in Chemical Engineering: Proceedings of a Summer School Held at Bad Honnef, August 15-25. Verlag Chemie, Weinheim (1982)Google Scholar
- Strichartz, G.R., Ritchie, J.M.: The action of local anesthetics on ion channels of excitable tissues. In: Strichartz, G.R. (ed.) Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology, Local Anesthetics, vol. 81, pp. 21–52. Springer, Heidelberg (1987)Google Scholar