OAIS in More Depth
- 2.4k Downloads
A number of OAIS  concepts were introduced in Chap. 3. In this chapter we delve somewhat deeper.
The OAIS standard (ISO 14721) serves several different purposes. Its fundamental purpose is to provide concepts that can guide digital preservation . Using these concepts a number of conformance requirements, including mandatory responsibilities, are then described. However another set of related concepts are defined in OAIS which, although not essential for preserving digitally encoded information, may nevertheless be extremely useful to facilitate clear discussion by providing a common terminology.
KeywordsDigital Object Information Package Designate Community High Level Knowledge Preservation Planning
- 4.Digital Curation Centre (DCC), part funded by JISC. Web site http://www.dcc.ac.uk
- 22.World Data Centre for Solar Terrestrial Physics http://www.ukssdc.ac.uk/wdcc1/wdc_menu.html
- 23.European Incoherent Scatter Radar http://www.eiscat.rl.ac.uk
- 24.Drambora http://www.repositoryaudit.eu/
- 25.Planets http://www.planets-project.eu/
- 231.Standard Archive Format for Europe (SAFE) – details available from http://earth.esa.int/SAFE/