In Addition to Understanding It – What Is It?: Preservation Description Information
- 2.4k Downloads
Preservation Description Information , as defined by OAIS as being made up of several types of Information (Fig. 10.1): Fixity, Reference, Context Provenance and Access Rights, will be detailed below. Note that Access Rights Information was not in the original version of OAIS but was added in the first update.
KeywordsDigital Object Cyclical Redundancy Check Preservation Institution Persistent Identifier Exclusive Ownership
- 124.Factor M, Naor D, Rabinovici-Cohen S, Ramati L, Reshef P, Satran J (2007) The Need for Preservation Aware Storage – A Position Paper. ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review. Special Issue on File and Storage Systems, 41(1): pages 19–23, (Jan 2007).Google Scholar
- 131.Henis E, Rabinovici-Cohen S, Reshef P, Ronen S (2009) A System and Method for Managing Representation Information in a Preservation Data System. Available from http://www.priorartdatabase.com/IPCOM/000183331/
- 132.PREMIS – http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/
- 133.Factor M, Henis E, Naor D, Rabinovici-Cohen S, Reshef P, Ronen S, Michetti G, Guercio M (2009) Authenticity and Provenance in Long Term Digital Preservation: Modelling and Implementation in Preservation Aware Storage. Paper presented at TaPP ’09. First Workshop on the Theory and Practice of Provenance. San Francisco, 23 February 2009, http://www.usenix.org/event/tapp09/tech/full_papers/factor/factor.pdf
- 134.Babich A, Henis E, Rabinovici-Cohen S, Ronen S (2009) A Method for Storing of Preservation Objects in an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) System. Available from http://priorartdatabase.com/IPCOM/000188067
- 135.iRODS: Intelligent Rule-Oriented Data System, San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC); see http://irods.sdsc.edu/index.php/Main_Page.
- 136.SNIA Long Term Retention (LTR) technical working group. See http://https://www.snia.org/apps/org/workgroup/ltrtwg/
- 138.Giaretta D (2007) The CASPAR Approach to Digital Preservation, The International Journal of Digital Curation 1(2). Available from http://www.ijdc.net/index.php/ijdc/article/viewFile/29/18
- 139.CASPAR – Cultural, Artistic and Scientific knowledge for Preservation, Access and Retrieval. See http://www.casparpreserves.eu
- 140.Coyne M, Duce D, Hopgood B, Mallen G, Stapleton M (2007) The Significant Properties of Vector Images. JISC report, 27 November 2007. Available from http://www.jisc.ac.uk/media/documents/programmes/preservation/vector_images.pdf
- 141.Coyne M, Stapleton M (2008) The Significant Properties of Moving Images. JISC report, 26 March 2008. Available from http://www.jisc.ac.uk/media/documents/programmes/preservation/spmovimages_report.pdf
- 142.Matthews B, McIlwrath B, Giaretta D, Conway E (2008) The Significant Properties of Software: A Study. JISC report, March 2008. Available from http://www.jisc.ac.uk/media/documents/programmes/preservation/spsoftware_report_redacted.pdf