Permuted Image DCT Watermarking
This paper presents a novel watermarking technique for digital images using Pseudo Random(PN) Sequence. The host image is permuted by PN Sequence. The watermark is embedded into the mid band DCT coefficients of the image. The image is re-permuted using the same PN sequence to obtain the watermarked image. To ensure security, a PN sequence has been used which is known only to an authorized person. Extensive simulation results show that the proposed scheme can resist signal processing attacks such as median, average, motion and Gaussian filter as well as compression, blurring and sharpening of watermarked image. The proposed paper also analyzes the results obtained by varying the degree of permutation proving that the DCT along with permutation making the frequency domain watermarking arguably robust.
KeywordsWatermark Image Watermark Scheme Host Image JPEG Compression Digital Watermark
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Li, S., Wu, Y.: A Robust Chaos-Based Watermarking for Copyright Protection. In: International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science (ICBECS), pp. 1–3 (2010), doi:10.1109/ICBECS.2010.5462439Google Scholar
- 3.Liwei, C., Mingfu, L.: An effective blind watermark algorithm based on DCT. In: 7th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, WCICA 2008, pp. 6822–6855 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Mingwei, Z., Yanzhong, D.: Color Image Copyright Protection Digital Watermarking Algorithm Based on DWT, DCT. In: 4th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing WiCOM 2008, pp. 1–4 (2008), doi:10.1109/WiCom.2008.2913Google Scholar
- 5.Perez-Gonzalez, F., Hernandez, J.: A tutorial on digital watermarking. In: Proceedings of IEEE 33rd Annual International Carnahan Conference on Security Technology, pp. 286–292 (1999), doi:10.1109/CCST.1999.797926Google Scholar
- 6.Yanling, W., Xiuhua, J.: A new algorithm for watermarking based on DCT and chaotic scrambling. In: 4th International Conference on Computer Science Education, ICCSE 2009, pp. 25–28 (2009), doi:10.1109/ICCSE.2009.5228222Google Scholar
- 7.Yantao, Z., Yunfei, M., Zhiquan, L.: A Robust Chaos-Based DCT-Domain Watermarking Algorithm. In: International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, pp. 935–938 (2008), doi:10.1109/CSSE.2008.332Google Scholar
- 8.Yen, J.: Watermarks embedded in the permuted image. In: The 2001 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS 2001, vol. 2, pp. 53–56 (2001), doi:10.1109/ISCAS.2001.921004Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, D., Dong, H., Zhou, C.: Researches on Digital Image Watermarking. In: 8th International Conference on Electronic Measurement and Instruments, ICEMI 2007, pp. 2-818 –2-821 (2007), doi:10.1109/ICEMI.2007.4350805Google Scholar