Operator-Based Robust Nonlinear Control for Ionic Polymer Metal Composite with Uncertainties and Hysteresis
The ionic polymer metal composite (IPMC) belongs to the category electroactive polymers (EAP), many potential applications for low-mass high-displacement actuators in biomedical and robotic systems have been shown. But identification of some physical parameters for nonlinear IPMC models is still a difficult issue. Moreover, hysteretic behavior exists in IPMCs and affects the performance of actuators, even makes the system with these actuators exhibit undesirable oscillations and instability. In this paper, a new nonlinear model of the IPMC with uncertainties and hysteresis is obtained. According to hysteresis and uncertainties for the proposed model, a nonlinear robust control using operator-based robust right coprime factorization is designed for the IPMC. The effectiveness of the proposed method is confirmed through simulation and experiment.
KeywordsIPMC Uncertainties Hysteresis Nonlinear Control Right Coprime Factorization Robust Stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Bhat, N., Kim, W.: Precision position control of ionic polymer metal composite. In: Proc. of the 2004 American Control Conference, Boston, MA, pp. 740–745 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Oh, S., Kim, H.: A study on the control of an IPMC actuator using an adaptive fuzzy algorithm. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 18, 1–11 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Bhat, N., Kim, W.: Precision force and position control of ionic polymer metal composite. Journal of Systems and Control Engineering 218, 421–432 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Deng, M., Inoue, A., Ishikawa, K.: Tracking of perturbed nonlinear plants using robust right coprime factorization approach. In: Proc. of the 2004 American Control Conference, Boston, MA, pp. 3666–3670 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Wen, S., Deng, M.: Experimental study of robust control to a nonlinear MIMO process using robust right coprime factorization. ICIC Express Letters 3, 1061–1066 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Deng, M., Wang, A., Minami, M., Yanou, A.: Operator-based Modeling for Nonlinear Ionic Polymer Metal Composite with Uncertainties. In: Proc. of 5th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 11th International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems, Okayama, Japan (2010) (submitted)Google Scholar
- 15.Saito, S., Deng, M., Inoue, A., Jiang, C.: Vivration control of a fiexible arm experimental system with hysteresis of piezoelectric actuator. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control 6, 2965–2975 (2010)Google Scholar