A Short Communication - Meta Data and Semantics the Industry Interface: What Does the Food Industry Think Are Necessary Elements for Exchange?
Information exchange in agriculture, fisheries and food production is now a very important area for development. Information is now often exchanged between machines making technology developments of utmost importance for the European Food Industry. It is essential that all areas of the food industry are fully involved in order to gain maximum benefit from the research. This short communication examines the research which has currently been carried out with regards to meta-data and industry standards and compares the various efforts and the industry opinions about these.
Keywordsmetadata industry agriculture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Dreyer, H.C., Wahl, R., Storøy, J., Forås, E., Olsen, P.: Traceability standards and supply chain relationships. In: Proceedings of NOFOMA (the Nordic Logistics Research Network Conference), Linkoping, Sweden (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.TRACE4, A.I.: - TRACE -Tracing Food Commodities in Europe “Description of Work”, FP6-2003-FOOD-2-A Proposal no 006942, Sixth Framework Programme (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Karlsen, K.M., Senneset, G.: Traceability: Simulated recall of fish products. In: Luten, J., et al. (eds.) Seafood Research from Fish to Dish, Quality, Safety and Processing of Wild and Farmed Fish, pp. 251–262. Wageningen Academic Publishers, The Netherlands (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.TRACE. The EU project Tracing the origin of food (2007), http://www.trace.eu.org/ (downloaded 16.10.2008 8.59CET), http://www.trace.eu.org/ (cited 10.20CET 26.10.2007)
- 14.Donnelly, K.A., Roest, J.V.d., Höskuldsson, S.T., Olsen, P., Karlsen, K.M.: Improving Information Exchange in the Chicken Processing Sector using Standardised Data Lists. Communications in Computer and Information Science 46, 312–321 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.CEN14659, CEN Workshop Agreement. Traceability of Fishery products. Specification of the information to be recorded in caught fish distribution chians, European Committee for Standardization (2003) Google Scholar
- 16.CEN14660, CEN Workshop Agreement. Traceability of Fishery products. Specification of the information to be recorded in farmed fish distribution chains. European Committee for standardization (2003) Google Scholar