- 3.5k Downloads
In this chapter, we briefly discuss shell structures – noting also that, actually, the analysis of shell structures gave the impetus for the development of finite element procedures – and we summarize the general approach of analysis of a shell problem. We then give the objectives of this book; namely, to present fundamentals regarding physical considerations, mathematical models and modern finite element procedures for the analysis of shells.
KeywordsFinite Element Analysis Shell Structure Nite Element Finite Element Procedure Shell Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Turner, M.J., Clough, R.W., Martin, H.C., & Topp, L.J. (1956). Stiffess and deection analysis of complex structures. Journal of the Aeronautical Sciences, 23, 805-823.Google Scholar
- Bathe, K.J., Sussman, T., & Walczak, J. (201x). Crash and crush shell analyses with implicit integration. In preparation.Google Scholar
- Bathe, K.J. (2009). The finite element method. In B.Wah (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Engineering, (pp. 1253-1264). John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar
- Argyris, J.H. (1954). Energy theorems and structural analysis, part I. Aircraft Engineering, 26 Google Scholar
- Bathe, K.J. (Ed.) (2001a). Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics, Proceedings of the First M.I.T. Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics. Elsevier.Google Scholar
- Bathe, K.J. (1996). Finite Element Procedures. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar