A New Method for Inner Estimation of Solution Sets to Interval Linear Systems
For an interval system of linear equations Ax = b, we consider the problem of inner estimation of its solution set, formed by all the solutions to point systems Ax= b with A∈A and b∈b. The so-called “center approach” to the problem is developed when the inner interval box is constructed around an a priori known center point from the solution set. Determining the size of the inner box is shown to be reduced to a maximization problem for a special quasiconcave objective function.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Hansen, E.R., Walster, G.W.: Global Optimization Using Interval Analysis. Marcel Dekker, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Kearfott, R.B., Nakao, M.T., Neumaier, A., Rump, S.M., Shary, S.P., van Hentenryck, P.: Standardized notation in interval analysis. Comput. Technol. 15, No. 1, 7–13 (2010) (an earlier electronic version of the paper is downloadable from URL http://www.nsc.ru/interval/INotation.pdf)Google Scholar
- 7.Kreinovich, V., Lakeyev, A., Rohn, J., Kahl, P.: Computational Complexity and Feasibility of Data Processing and Interval Computations. Kluwer, Dordrecht (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.Kupriyanova, L.: Inner estimation of the united solution set of interval linear algebraic system. Reliab. Comput. 1, No. 1, 15–31 (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Oettli,W.: On the solution set of a linear system with inaccurate coefficients. SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 2, No. 1, 115–118 (1965)Google Scholar
- 13.Rohn, J.: Input-output planning with inexact data. Freiburger Intervall-Berichte 78/9, 1–16 (1978)Google Scholar
- 14.Shary, S.P.: On characterization of the united solution set to interval linear algebraic systems. Krasnoyarsk, 1990. 20 p. Deposited in VINITI, No. 726-B91. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 15.Shary, S.P.: Linear static systems under interval uncertainty: algorithms to solve control and stabilization problems. In: Kreinovich, V. (ed.) Int. J. of Reliab. Comput. Supplement. Extended Abstracts of APIC’95, Int. Workshop on Applications of Interval Computations, El Paso, TX, Feb. 23-25, 1995, pp. 181–184. El Paso, University of Texas at El Paso, 1995, (an electronic version of the paper is downloadable from URL http://www.nsc.ru/interval/shary/Papers/ElPaso.pdf Google Scholar
- 17.Shary, S.P.: Algebraic approach to the interval linear static identification, tolerance and control problems, or One more application of Kaucher arithmetic. Reliab. Comput. 2, No. 1, 3–33 (1996)Google Scholar
- 18.Shary, S.P.: A new technique in systems analysis under interval uncertainty and ambiguity. Reliab. Comput. 8, No. 5, 321–418 (2002)Google Scholar
- 19.Smagina, Ye., Brewer, I.: Using interval arithmetic for robust state feedback design. Syst. & Control Lett. 46, 187–194 (2002)Google Scholar