Mitigation of Control Channel Jamming via Combinatorial Key Distribution
The problem of countering control channel jamming against internal adversaries in wireless ad hoc networks is addressed. Using combinatorial key distribution, a new method to secure the control channel access is introduced. This method, utilizes the established keys in the key establishment phase to hide the location of control channels without the need for a secure BS. This is in obtained by combination of a collision free one-way function and a combinatorial key establishment method. The proposed scheme can be considered as a special case of the ALOHA random access schemes which uses the common established keys as its seeds to generate the pattern of transmission.
KeywordsCombinatorial designs Wireless multiple access Control channel accesss security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Anderson, R.: Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems. Wiley, Chichester (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Chan, A., Liu, X., Thapa, B.: Control Channel Jamming: Resilience and Identification of Traitors. In: ISIT (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Tague, P., Li, M., Poovendran, R.: Mitigation of Control Channel Jamming unde Node Capture Attacks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 8 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Lazos, L., Liu, S., Krunz, M.: Mitigating control-channel jamming attacks in multi-channel ad hoc networks. In: 2th ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Campete, S.A., Yener, B.: Combinatorial design of key distribution mechanisms for wireless sensor networks. IEEE/ACM Trans. Network. 15, 346–358 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, J., Stinson, D.R.: A combinatorial approach to key predistribution for distributed sensor networks. In: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Cametpe, S.A., Yener, B., Yung, M.: Expander graph based key distribution mechanisms in wireless sensor networks. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Commun. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Bhandari, V., Vaidya, H.: Secure capacity of multi-hop wireless networks with random key pre-distribution. In: Proc. IEEE INFOCOM Workshops, Workshop on Mission Critical Networking (MCN). IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Noubir, G.: Collision-Free One-Way Communication Using Reed-Solomon Codes. In: IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory and Applications. IEEE Press, New Mexico (1998)Google Scholar