A Multiagent Recommender System with Task-Based Agent Specialization
- 356 Downloads
This paper describes a multiagent recommender system where agents maintain local knowledge bases and, when requested to support a travel planning task, they collaborate exchanging information stored in their local bases. A request for a travel recommendation is decomposed by the system into sub tasks, corresponding to travel services. Agents select tasks autonomously, and accomplish them with the help of the knowledge derived from previous solutions. In the proposed architecture, agents become experts in some task types, and this makes the recommendation generation more efficient. In this paper, we validate the model via simulations where agents collaborate to recommend a travel package to the user. The experiments show that specialization is useful hence providing a validation of the proposed model.
KeywordsRecommender System Task Type Travel Agent Recommendation Process High Average Evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Balabanovic, M., Shoham, Y.: Fab: Content-based, collaborative recommendation. Communications of the Association for Computing Machinery 40(3), 66–72 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Billsus, D., Pazzani, M.: A hybrid user model for news story classification. In: Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on User Modeling, UM 1999, Banff, Canada (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Lorenzi, F., Santos, D.S., de Oliveira, D., Bazzan, A.L.C.: Task allocation in case-based recommender systems: a swarm intelligence approach. In: Lin, H. (ed.) Architectural Design of Multi-Agent Systems. Information Science Reference, pp. 268–279 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Macho, S., Torrens, M., Faltings, B.: A multi-agent recommender system for planning meetings. In: Workshop on Agent-based recommender systems (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Resnick, P., Iacovou, N., Suchak, M., Bergstrom, P., Riedl, J.: Grouplens: An open architecture for collaborative filtering of netnews. In: Proceedings ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work, pp. 175–186 (1994)Google Scholar
- 15.Sycara, K.: Multiagents systems. AI Magazine 19(2), 79–82 (1998)Google Scholar
- 16.Wei, Y., Moreau, L., Jennings, N.: Recommender systems: A market-based design. In: Proceedings Second International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi Agent Systems (AAMAS 2003), Melbourne, Australia, July 2003, pp. 600–607 (2003)Google Scholar